Sunday, October 6, 2013

General Conference October 2013

General Conference
October 2013

I find it a wonderful and refreshing weekend when I get to listen to the teachings of the Latter Day leaders. With our world in what seems to be a downward spiral of sin and dissension,there is no better advise than that given to us in the Children's Hymn "Follow the Prophet". 
If we listen to and follow the counsel given to us in these meetings and all our other church resources and meetings, we will find that we are better fit to fight and ward off the challenges of evil and sin. I know that there are many times when I wonder how I will raise my family in truth and righteousness in a world where I myself feel that my morals are so very different from many around me and challenged on a regular basis. One thing that has caught my attention from this conference, is the emphasis of how important and empowered women are in and to the Lords Eternal Plan and to the structure of his church. I love that we have been told that the blessings of the Priesthood is given to all equally wither man or woman. Also that we may all ask the Lord for help if we ask in a righteous and grateful heart. We may also ask others for help and blessings. We may in turn be blessings to others and angles sent to them in their times of need. 
I also found the talks about how we should teach and be taught in our Sunday classes as important and informative. We should strive to attend all our meetings that we may feel the spirit and increase our faith. We should also remember that the Sabbath does not end when we leave the three hour block, but that we should chose the best choices for activities on Sundays. That we should be attentive to the voice of the Holy Spirit that we may be taught not only by the words of those speaking to us but that we may understand that which the Lord wants us to receive as well. The relationship that we have with the Holy Spirit is essential for us that we may be able to return to our father and live as a family forever. In these times we must be aware of the spirit that we may see the comings of the time and how the tides are changing around us that we may adapt and keep ourselves clean and honest in the eyes of the Lord. 
I am so excited to be able to read and listen to these talks over and over again that I may continue to learn and grow from the words that have been spoken. I am grateful for my testimony and for the testimonies of my family. I am grateful for my husband and the priesthood which he holds and is authorized to administer. I am also very grateful for my knowledge of the Lords plan and his gospel that I may live with my family again in the presence of our Heavenly Father if we but will follow his commandments and the words of the living Prophets.

No comments: