Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quite Doors ... I think so!

Quiet Doors

I have noticed that the doors on the upstairs floor of out apartment close and latch very loudly. So I can up with an Idea inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.

What you will need.  - Something to cut with (and on) - Ribbon in the color you want (I would not go over an inch thick) - Any fabric you want to work with even if it is scraps - Pins and thread and a machine!
You will need to cut two sides for every Quiet Door you want. They need to be 3'' wide by 4'' long.
Gather up your 4 pieces of ribbon and two blocks of the colors you want put together. Pin the ribbon Inside and where you want it on the short ends. Then make sure you pin the fabric together right sides in & Sew leaving a space to turn it right sides out.

You have to make sure that you put your ribbon on the Inside when you are sewing so that it is in the right place on the outside when you reverse it! Believe me I messed up once and learned my unpicking lesson:(

This is it before being put on the door! Cute Huh:)

& The Finished Product.... & Best of all it works!
 

No comments: